All university students, as well as 11th and 12th-grade students, can participate in the hackathon. We welcome individuals with a basic understanding of programming and a strong enthusiasm for innovation. Our team of mentors will provide guidance and support throughout the event.
A participant is anyone who has registered in the system and confirmed their registration via email. Participation can be individual or in a team. The organizers reserve the right to coordinate the maximum number of participants when finalizing the team list.
Registration of teams and participants closes at 15:00 on February 29, 2024.
The topic of the project is related to climate change and the accompanying challenges for humanity:
“Green Planet Challenge”
The challenge you face is to develop a program that serves as a consultant to various organizations regarding their environmental impact and actions they could take to reduce it by participating in exemplary environmental offset projects.
When creating the application, clarity regarding its practical focus and the target user group for the final solution is essential.
Detailed instructions for will be sent to registered participants the day before the start of the hackathon.
- Installing the necessary editors, libraries, environments, etc. technologies and development tools each of the participants can do before the event.
- It is recommended to create a Github repository in advance by each team, where the projects will be uploaded.
- Technologies and languages are the choice of the participants.
- Work on the projects starts with the start of the hackathon (March 4, 2024).
- Participation with completely or partially finished applications that were developed before the hackathon is not allowed.
- Projects that are not finalized and do not have working functionality should be also presented on the final day and evaluated for their potential and the problem they solve.
The projects should be presented in the form of a presentation within 10-15 minutes.
- The copyright and intellectual property in the code created during the development of the projects arises for and belongs to Methodia from the moment of its creation. Participants have the right to use this code free of charge only within the framework of their studies.
- If the jury determines that the project is not original.
- For indecent behavior – including alcohol consumption, aggression, and any actions that may hinder the conduct of the competition or harm others.
- If the project does not fall into the aforementioned categories or if it is a product developed with malicious intent, containing uncensored or immoral content.